GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SELECT YOUR DIET
the diet(s), texts, images, hyperlinks, sound and/or video fragments and/or other objects made available on the Website of Select Your Diet.
any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to and/or Use of the Website.
the diets made available on the Website, which User can up- and download.
Intellectual Property Rights
all rights of intellectual ownership and related rights, including in any case copyright, database rights, rights to domain names, trade name rights, rights to knowhow, trademark rights, design rights, neighboring rights and patent rights, and all licenses given to Select Your Diet.
these general terms and conditions.
all activities by User on the Website such as, but not limited to; log in, request, consult, read, view, listen, compare, edit, fill in (forms), send, download Content and all other activities permitted by Select Your Diet.
Select Your Diet
Select Your Diet, a sole proprietorship, located at Hoogte Kadijk 20 A, 1018 BL Amsterdam, the Netherlands and registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce with number: 67301088.
the website of Select Your Diet, to be visited via https://selectyourdiet.com, including all associated (sub)domains.
Article 1 Applicability of Conditions of use
These Conditions of use are applicable to all Content and services made available on the Website.
Article 2 Diet
1. Select Your Diet adds Diets to the Website and offers Users the option to add and download Diets from the Website. All responsibility and liability regarding added Diets lies with the User.
2. Select Your Diet is not responsible for the soundness, correctness, completeness and/or suitability for a particular purpose or otherwise of the Diets submitted by Users.
3. It is at the sole discretion of Select Your Diet whether to place or mention a submitted Diet on the Website.
4. Select Your Diet reserves the right to describe the content of all Diets, submitted by a User or not, at any time at its own discretion. Complaints regarding the description can be made via e-mail: email@example.com.
5. In case of a complaint Select Your Diet will address the complaint and revise said complaint if seen valid and possible by Select Your Diet.
Article 3 Website
1. Select Your Diet makes every effort to regularly update and/or supplement the Content on the Website. Despite this care and attention, it is possible that the Content is incomplete and/or incorrect.
2. At any time, it is at the sole discretion of Select Your Diet to amend or remove the Content from the Website. Select Your Diet is not liable for any Damages that may occur due to any amendments or removals.
3. User shall refrain from any unlawful acts or actions which compromise the Website.
Article 4 Intellectual Property Rights
1. The Intellectual Property Rights relating to the Content and the Website remain property of Select Your Diet or its licensors. These may not in any way be copied or used without the explicit written consent of Select Your Diet.
2. If a User uploads a Diet, Select Your Diet is not responsible for conducting research into the rights of third parties, this responsibility lies with the User.
3. If Select Your Diet suspects that the uploaded Diet by User infringes the rights of third parties, Select Your Diet is entitled to remove the Diet immediately. Select Your Diet is not in any way liable for this violation of rights of third parties.
4. In no way is the Use of the Website and its Content intended to transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to User. User will not do anything to compromise these Intellectual Property Rights.
5. This Website belongs to Select Your Diet. User may download only Content displayed and identified on the Website as specifically available for downloading. Such Content is for noncommercial; personal use only, provided User also retains all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. User may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the Content of the Website for public or commercial purposes.
Article 5 References
1. The Website may contain links to other websites. These links are to companies or organizations Select Your Diet believes you may have an interest in. Select Your Diet has not reviewed (all) the websites linked to the Website and is not responsible for the content of any other websites linked to the Website.
2. A link does not imply endorsement of the linked file or website. References and/or links to other websites that are not owned by Select Your Diet are for informational purposes only.
3. Select Your Diet is not responsible for the availability and accessibility of such websites and does not accept any liability for Damages that is or threatens to be caused and arising from or in any way related to the use of such websites.
4. Select Your Diet uses website monetization and affiliate programs to offer products via links on the Website. Select Your Diet is not liable for the order, handling, settlement or otherwise of such orders placed, directly or indirectly, after the use of these links through these affiliate programs.
Article 6 No medical advice
The Content on the Website is intended to impart general nutrition information. Select Your Diet is not engaged in rendering medical advice or services. The information presented on the Website is not intended for diagnostic or treatment purposes.
User should consult his or her doctor for medical advice or services, including seeking advice prior to undertaking a new Diet. Advance consultation with your doctor is particularly important if the User is under eighteen (18) years old, pregnant, breastfeeding, or has health problems. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Website.
Article 7 Limitation of Liability
1. Use of the Website is completely at risk of the User.
2. Neither Select Your Diet nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Website and its Content is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive Damages arising out of the access to, or Use of, the Website.
3. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is made available without any warranty of any kind, either implied or expressed regarding fitness for particular purpose.
4. Any limitation of liability does not apply to deliberate acts or recklessness on the part of Select Your Diet.
Article 8 Adjustment of provisions
Article 9 Final provisions
3. A provision that turns out to be invalid or void, does not affect the validity of the other provisions. The invalid or void provision shall be replaced by a new provision which will reflect the intention of the original provision.
This privacy statement provides transparent information about how Select Your Diet handles personal data.
Select Your Diet adheres to the rules laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: GDPR), which has been in force since 25 May 2018.
What information does Select Your Diet collect?
1. Email addresses (when registering for the newsletter, purchasing a package via selectyourdiet.com/onlinedietadvies, downloading a diet, or contacting us via the contact form).
2. Names (when purchasing a package via selectyourdiet.com/onlinedietadvies or contacting us via the contact form).
What kind of information is collected by HRC?
Various packages are offered by dietitian practice HRC at selectyourdiet.com/onlinedieetadvies. The information collected for this purpose via the questionnaire is sent directly and exclusively to the dietician HRC. We therefore refer to the privacy statement of HRC/online diet advice.
What do we do with your personal information?
· We receive your e-mail address (possibly with name) if you have contacted us via the contact form. We use this to be able to respond via email.
· We receive your email address if you have registered for the newsletter. We use this email address to send you the newsletter. We use Mailchimp to send newsletters. The email addresses are also on Mailchimp. Select Your Diet has an agreement with Mailchimp regarding the correct handling of these email addresses (in accordance with European privacy law). It is possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
· We receive your name and email address if you purchase a package via selectyourdiet.com/onlinedieetadvies, because these are stated on the invoice. We use this invoice for financial settlement with HRC dietician. After that, this information will be deleted. This will happen within a year.
Do we share your data with third parties?
We do not share your data with third parties unless this is necessary for the correct execution of our services. If we share your data, these third parties are involved in any way in the processing of your data.
Do we intend to transfer your data to countries outside the EU or to international organizations?
We do not intend to transfer your data to countries outside the EU or to international organizations unless this is required by law or otherwise necessary. We will in that case only share the data with countries that have taken appropriate protection measures within the framework of these applicable European laws and regulations.
What rights do you have under the GDPR?
The GDPR is there to protect you and your data. In this context, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
Withdrawal of consent
You can revoke the consent you have given to the processing of your data at any time, this revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the previous data processing.
Right of access
You have the right to view your data at any time. We will facilitate this upon request.
Right to rectification and erasure
You can request rectification or erasure of your data at any time.
Right to restriction of processing
You can limit the data processing to be carried out at any time.
Right to object
You can object to the processing of your data by us at any time.
Right of transferability
You have the right to receive your data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, so that you can transfer it to third parties. We can also forward your data in this form, if possible, directly to the relevant party.
Right of complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority
You can submit a complaint at any time on the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority. The Dutch Data Protection Authority is the Dutch supervisory authority and monitors correct compliance with the GDPR (www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl).
When processing personal data, we are bound by the applicable laws and regulations. We therefor try to keep track of developments. In that context, we have the right to change this privacy statement.
If you still have questions after reading this privacy statement or if you want to make use of any of the above rights, you can contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the professional help of a dietitian it should be easier to reach your goals. Please contact a dietician in your area or talk to a doctor before starting any diet.
Please take note that most diets do not have a scientific basis.
Consult your doctor or dietician before starting a diet, especially if you have a chronic condition like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, lung disease or kidney disease.
If you think you might have an eating disorder (like anorexia or bulimia), it is important to look for professional help. Contact your (house) doctor or find help elsewhere. Here you can find a list of several websites that can provide (online) help. These sites also provide information for people that know someone with an eating disorder.